Teaching?
Hellooooo
So, in my previous blog posts, i've mentioned that i've got a job. Oh, and if i didn't explain about my job, here it is.
My title is an Application Engineer. At first I also didn't understand the job description.
Long story short, I got this job (and actually I'm already into the 13 months of this job), and I learnt that my main job is to conduct trainings in revit and BIM.
I was a quite shy person so it's actually really uncomfortable for me to speak in front of many people. But probably a little part of it has changed since i entered university. Just a little part.
So if you imagine, my first time teaching Revit in my office was a big milestone for me. Oh, and i remember that time, a well-known architect who is also my manager's close friend also attended my class.
Yeah, you guess it right. I WAS DEAD SCARED.
My first time was pretty painful, but thankfully my 2 coworkers helped me from the back of the room.
Since that day, i thought i'd get used to it. but no.
even until now, everytime i got a job to teach a class, i always get nervous. why? I already said it before, i'm not a fan of speaking in front of many people, especially when they look up to me as a trainer, when actually they're much more experienced than me in the construction field.
But, I'm actually really glad and thankful that i got this job. I can learn to speak in front of a class, how to handle objections, how to answer questions that are out of the box, etc. In short, i can learn to fight my fear.
Even though i know that every single job in this world has it's own challenges.
Every time i teach a class, i always gets nervous. Scared of how the participants would react to my teaching, what kind of questions will they throw.
But, after all of that stress, at the end, when they are genuinely curious about something and i can help them to answer and solve it, IT WAS A GREAT FEELING. REALLY SATISFYING.
Like, wow. I can be a help to somebody.
So, in my previous blog posts, i've mentioned that i've got a job. Oh, and if i didn't explain about my job, here it is.
My title is an Application Engineer. At first I also didn't understand the job description.
Long story short, I got this job (and actually I'm already into the 13 months of this job), and I learnt that my main job is to conduct trainings in revit and BIM.
I was a quite shy person so it's actually really uncomfortable for me to speak in front of many people. But probably a little part of it has changed since i entered university. Just a little part.
So if you imagine, my first time teaching Revit in my office was a big milestone for me. Oh, and i remember that time, a well-known architect who is also my manager's close friend also attended my class.
Yeah, you guess it right. I WAS DEAD SCARED.
My first time was pretty painful, but thankfully my 2 coworkers helped me from the back of the room.
Since that day, i thought i'd get used to it. but no.
even until now, everytime i got a job to teach a class, i always get nervous. why? I already said it before, i'm not a fan of speaking in front of many people, especially when they look up to me as a trainer, when actually they're much more experienced than me in the construction field.
But, I'm actually really glad and thankful that i got this job. I can learn to speak in front of a class, how to handle objections, how to answer questions that are out of the box, etc. In short, i can learn to fight my fear.
Even though i know that every single job in this world has it's own challenges.
Every time i teach a class, i always gets nervous. Scared of how the participants would react to my teaching, what kind of questions will they throw.
But, after all of that stress, at the end, when they are genuinely curious about something and i can help them to answer and solve it, IT WAS A GREAT FEELING. REALLY SATISFYING.
Like, wow. I can be a help to somebody.
Comments
Post a Comment
No spam please